Are you an energetic go-getter who cares passionately about people – whether it’s the teams you lead or the customers you serve? Do you have the charisma needed to engage members and motivate teams, the ability to coach people up to produce results they didn’t think possible and the foresight to see challenges on the horizon and solve them before they become business issues?
At Goldfish, we welcome leaders with the vision and the passion to make a difference. We want professionals who see the big picture, but keep a keen eye on every detail to provide exceptional customer service.
This isn’t a typical management position. We wear flip flops. We sing on the job. We tell corny jokes. And, we celebrate the accomplishments of children all day long with high fives, balloons and lots of rewards. A management position at Goldfish Swim School is more than aquatics (although swim-experience is a plus). It’s about top-notch customer service, business savvy, communication excellence and the motivation to grow sales for an already-thriving company. But, most of all, it’s about making a difference: In the lives of our families, our team members and especially our young swimmers.
If you want the adrenaline-rush of challenging work wrapped in a fun, engaging environment, please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and controls the daily operations to ensure the school is running according to Goldfish Swim School standard operating procedures.
- Manages and actively coaches staff to ensure high productivity, excellent performance and positive employee morale
- Responsible for member acquisition and retention
- Effectively and successfully manages customer inquiries and issues
- Oversees scheduling, recruiting, interviewing and training of staff
- Helps promote Goldfish Swim School to the local community
- Maintains a constant, visible physical presence in public areas during open hours
- Meets with the General Manager on regular basis to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Oversees facility management and maintenance
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider is a plus. Two years management experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and first Aid certification required. Training provided.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Goldfish Swim School - Cleveland East & Fairview Park
Goldfish Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. We use our proven confidence-building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teach children to be safer in and around the water.
JOIN OUR CREW! Grab a great gig where the work is fun! We wear flip flops. We sing on the job. We tell corny jokes. We give high fives freely. We love our employees and reward hard work with Snack Shack bonuses, iTunes gift cards and other fun perks! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate. If you love working with kids, we’d love to talk to you!
Company Website: www.goldfishswimschool.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)